Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When water damage strikes your home or business, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County for help. Oftentimes, the extent of the property saturation may be more than meets the eye, and can cause safety concerns for anyone inside the structure. Be sure to avoid any newly created electrical hazards, beware of slippery surfaces, and don't try to lift any wet items as they may be much heavier than anticipated. Our highly trained team can safely respond to the situation, access the damages, put together a plan of action, and get to work drying your structure and contents.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (850) 466-3089
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.