Understanding Smoke and Soot Damages
Are smoke or soot damages affecting your home or business? Call SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County at 850-466-3089.
When a fire damage occurs, smoke and soot issues are almost always left behind. Unpleasant odors, staining and streaking, and structural issues are just a few problems that are created by smoke and soot residues. To remediate the smoke and soot damage to your home or business, you will need a professionally trained team with the equipment and expertise to handle the situation properly. Understanding the science of soot and smoke damage is the first step in this process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke: wet and dry. The type of smoke can greatly affect the remediation process; therefore, it is imperative to understand each before restoration work begins.
- Wet Smoke – Created by materials such as plastic and rubber burning. These materials burn at a lower heat, creating a smoldering, lingering smoke with pungent odor.
- Dry Smoke – Created by materials such as wood and paper products. These materials burn at a much higher heat and burn very quickly, and the smoke created tends to rise to the cooler areas of a structure.
The type of smoke created determines the kind of soot residue left behind. Wet smoke fires leave a concentrated, yet more difficult to remediate, residue with an extreme odor, while dry smoke fires allow smoke and soot to spread through a structure, however easier to remove the staining and odor.
Returning your home or business to its preloss condition after a fire damage occurs is a top priority for the SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia team. If you have suffered a fire loss, give us a call at 850-466-3089, we will help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Water Damage in Cantonment, Florida?
If water has damaged your Cantonment home or business, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is prepared to help!
If your Cantonment, Florida home or business has experienced water damage, know that SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help. Our locally owned and operated team of professionals offers 24/7/365 emergency response to begin the process of mitigating your property damages. Although every water damage situation is a bit different, and requires a unique solution, the general process to address the damages is the same. The steps listed below outline the process used by SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County for the “typical” water damage situation:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
Getting your home or business back to normal after water damage strikes is our top priority. With SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County, you can expect an expedient response, elevated customer service, and a genuine concern for your property and belongings. Give SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County a call at 850-466-3089, We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Utilizing Storm Shutters
If storms have damaged your home or business, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help!
Heavy thunderstorms, and hurricanes during hurricane season, are extremely common occurrences in Northwest Florida. These storms can lead to catastrophic property damage if homes and business are not properly prepared and protected. A highly suggested preparation to make, especially going into hurricane season, is the utilization of storm shutters. Storm shutters offer many protective and safety advantages, including reduction of broken windows, reduced risk of personal injury, and peace of mind that both you and your property are protected in the case of wind driven debris.
Along with providing value during a storm, storm shutters may also increase the resale value of your property. Potential buyers tend to prefer property upgrades and can take peace of mind in the added security and safety features that storm shutters add to a home or business.
In the event that a storm occurrence has caused damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help. Give us a call at 850-466-3089, our experienced team is Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Water Damage Tips
SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is prepared to make your water damage "Like it never even happened!"
Dealing with water damages to your property, whether commercial or residential, can be both very stressful and expensive. Hiring a trained professional to mitigate the situation can reduce the amount of damage your property sustains, and in cases of commercial damage, reduce the amount of time that business is interrupted. The more quickly work begins after a damage has occurred, the less likely damages are to spread and become more severe. SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County offers 24 hour a day, 365 day a year emergency water damage response service. Until our team arrives on scene, implement the following safety tips, do’s, and do not’s for your property:
- Avoid sagging and/or bubbling ceilings: this is a sign of water contained above which could cause the ceiling to fall.
- Watch for any "slip, trip or fall" hazards that may be present.
- Do not step into pooled or standing water. If electricity is still running through the building, electrical shock may be possible.
- Do not attempt to lift or moved waterlogged materials as they may be very heavy.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet.
If water damages have affected your home or business, call SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County at 850-466-3089, We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Caring For Your Commercial Property
SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help with all of your commercial clean up and remediation needs!
Along with providing clean up and remediation services for residential structures, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is also equipped and prepared to respond to your commercial property needs, no matter the size. As a local team with national resources, we can provide quick emergency response to begin mitigating your damages. If reconstruction is needed, we can also provide those services as a Licensed General Contractor. Whether your property has suffered a catastrophic multi story water damage, or a minimal one room electrical fire, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help. Our team holds multiple certifications and licenses, giving us the knowledge to properly handle whatever property damage situation may arise with your business.
If your commercial property has suffered fire, water, or mold damages, give us a call at 850-466-3089. Serving Pensacola, Cantonment, and Century, Florida, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is “Faster to Any Size Disaster!”
Fire Damage Restoration Process
If you have experienced a fire in your Pensacola, Cantonment, or Century home or business, call SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County at 850-466-3089.
A structure fire at your home or business can be a devastating occurrence. Along with damage from the flames, your property may experience odors from smoke, soot staining, or water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is equipped and prepared to handle all these various issues and will arrive on scene as quickly as possible to begin the remediation process. Although every fire damage is a little different, the following are the standard steps followed by SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County to help return your structure to its preloss condition:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The process begins with your phone call. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us respond immediately with the appropriate equipment and resources.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect and test your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if needed)
The water removal process, if needed, begins almost immediately. After extraction of standing water, we use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove any remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
We use specialized equipment, techniques, and chemicals to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. As a licensed General Contractor, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County can take your property through the processes of mitigation, remediation, and reconstruction all with one company.
If fire has damaged your home or business, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help! Give us a call at 850-466-3089 to begin your fire damage restoration process.
Storms In The Forecast?
When storms cause damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help!
Are heavy rains, thunderstorms, or other severe weather in the forecast for your area? If so, the following suggestions from the National Real Estate Insurance Group about preparing your property may help reduce structural damage for your home or business:
- Make sure your landscaping is well kempt. Trim small trees and shrubs to make them more wind resistant. This will limit the amount of potential debris available to affect your home or business.
- Secure loose rain gutter and downspouts. Clear any leaves, sticks, or other debris from gutters to prevent water backup to your structure.
- Remove and store loose yard furniture and decorations. In the instance of high winds, these items could damage siding and windows.
- In the event a major storm, such as a hurricane, is approaching, plan to cover or board up windows and doors, as well as brace your garage door if applicable.
While protecting your property from a storm event is important, it is imperative to also consider both you and your loved one’s safety. Follow any advisories set forth by local officials, such as evacuation orders, and be sure to have a storm supply kit prepared in case of emergency.
If a storm occurrence has caused damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help. Our experienced team is Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers with ongoing safety assurance.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County today at 850-466-3089 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
When Water Damage Strikes
When Water Damage Strikes, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Faster to Any Size Disaster!
When water infiltrates your home or business, it can often cause additional damages aside from the saturation of the structure and contents. SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is equipped and prepared to handle not only the original water damage, but any additional issues that may arise, such as:
- Mold Growth: We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Residual Water Odor: Odors after a water damage can result from a wide range of issues, including sewage waste within the water or mold caused by the water damage. SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia carries a wide range of deodorizing equipment and chemicals to help return your home or business to a fresh scent.
- Structural Deterioration: When water damages are not handled quickly, they can cause extensive structural damage to drywall, ceilings, and flooring. If materials are unable to be dried and salvaged, SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County can not only remove the materials, but also provide Reconstruction Services as a Licensed General Contractor.
For more information about the service lines SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County has to offer, give us a call at 850-466-3089. When water damage strikes, We’re Here to Help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fire Safety for Your Pets!
SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County is Here to Help in the event of fire damage in Pensacola, Century, or Cantonment!
Pets are very important members of the family for many households, and as such, it is important to include them in your fire emergency evacuation plan. Following are a few suggestions on how to prepare your furry family members in case of a fire in your home:
Practice Evacuation: Train your pets to come when you call. As you perform evacuation drills with your family, be sure to include your pets in the exercise. Repetition is key with animals: the more frequently they have experienced the evacuation drill, the more likely they are to respond appropriately in the case of a true emergency.
Create a “Pet Emergency Plan”: Just as you compile an emergency supply kit for yourself, you will also want to keep supplies on hand for your pets. In a centralized location, put together pet food, feeding containers, medications, and a leash, that can be quickly accessed. Also plan for shelter for your pet if you home is not accessible. Whether a friend, family member, or pet friendly hotel, be sure to include your pet in you interim living arrangements.
Have Identification for Your Pet: Have your pet in a collar with identification. If you are not home, and fire rescue has responded, this will help the firefighters identify your pet, help calm the pet by using his/her name, and make contacting you easier. The collar also allows for faster connection of the leash in an emergency evacuation situation.
If a fire has damaged your home, give SERVPRO of Northwest Escambia County a call at 850-466-3089. We have the equipment and experience to help make it “Like it never even happened.”